- Posted March 8, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Philippines to centralize gun licensing
Reports said pro-gun groups have opposed the centralization on the renewal of gun licenses, arguing it would only result to more loose firearms.
But Presidential Communications Operations Office Secretary Herminio Coloma Jr. said the move is necessary as he hopes for public cooperation.
Coloma said that according to the PNP, there is a total 1.7 million firearms in the country.
The PNP studied the records of the Firearms and Explosive Office and the civil security groups and found out that 60 to 70 percent of the records of firearm holders are spurious or fictitious.
The PNP observed that there are mismatches in the names, addresses and photos of licensed firearms owners, prompting the PNP to cleanse its gun licensing registry.
And with regards to issues on high delivery cost of licenses, Coloma said it could be assumed that anyone buying guns also has the money to pay for the delivery of licenses and cost should not be an issue.