- Posted March 8, 2014 by
- Bahamas Consul General for Missouri warns Bahamians to avoid Ferguson riots
- SWV Confirmed to Hit The Stage at Urban Hangover III in Las Vegas
- Teen sisters Kenedi Treasure officially launch Pray Mates T-Shirts at Draya Michelle event
- Bahamas Consul General “Elated” With Bahamian Students in Arkansas
- Bahamas Prime Minister Rt. Hon. Perry G. Christie to be inducted onto MLK Int’l Civil Rights Walk of Fame
Producer Roger Bobb to celebrate Caribbean heritage as Atlanta Carnival Grand Marshal
Bobb was the youngest First AD member of the Directors Guild of America and he holds the distinction of being the only two time winner of the Best Film Award recipient of the American Black Film Festival.
“When selecting our grand marshal, we wanted someone who had ties to both the Caribbean and the city of Atlanta because that is a representation of who we are,” said Patricia Henry, president of the Atlanta Caribbean Carnival Bandleader’s Association (ACCBA). “He is someone who acknowledges his roots and is a testament to how far we as West Indians can go if we continue to pursue our goals. His Atlanta connection is also to be admired for his tremendous contribution to the entertainment industry, specifically in film and television. Of all places in the world, he chose this city as the site of his studios. So as you can see, he is truly the perfect candidate to represent us as we celebrate 26 years in the city.”
Bobb will be attending the by invitation only press conference on April 5th, 2014 at the Enclave on Spring Street NW, Atlanta Georgia.
For more information on #AtlCarnival visit www.atlantacarnival.org.