- Posted March 8, 2014 by
Brooklyn, New York
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Photo essays: Your stories in pictures
- Glen Cove Hospital in the city where I live is preparing a state of art center for Ebola Treatment..
- Community Garden in Coney Island raises H--- at Halloween!
- Chocolate Coffin Anyone? For Halloween?
- "It's Your Holiday!" The story of Midnite and Chirpee Girl..
- Need a haircut? This is the guy to go to..He Kutz Wit Skillz!
Art gallery at the depths of the sea..
I took some pictures in Coney Island's Art Annex, gallery, etc. Currently it is showing a photographic exhibit for some resident photographers. I was invited to hang out by the host of the gallery that day, Jay Singer as he told me one of the photographers was also a polar bear who takes the I PM Sunday plunge in the Atlantic but, I had to get home.
I took some pictures of this interesting, rather moody art gallery for you to see. It's in the second Child's restaurant, (last picture) established 1917, now designated landmark, so they'll probably get to keep their art annex.
Picture #3 is Jim McDonnell's mystical work called "Parachute Jump Ladder", currently on sale at gallery.
A very relaxed atmosphere, gallery, art center, etc. to visit if you come to Coney.
March 8, 2014.