- Posted March 9, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Philippines joins search of missing plane
Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO) Secretary Herminio Coloma Jr. said Defense Secretary Voltaire Gazmin has already issued a directive to the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP).
Reports showed that the Malaysian airlines plane, (Boeing 777-200) disappeared from radar screens 40 minutes into its flight. It was last detected over the seas between Malaysia and Vietnam.
The Armed Forces will commence patrol of the West Philippine Sea (South China Sea) in hopes of locating the missing Malaysian airplane.
“As per directive of Secretary Voltaire Gazmin of the Armed Forces, the AFP is doing surveillance and patrol in the West Philippine Sea,” Coloma said.
Coloma said the AFP has also sent an F-27 plane and the BRP Gregorio del Pilar to conduct a surveillance mission in the West Philippine Sea.
“This is being carried out by F-27 plane and the BRP Gregorio del Pilar and patrol boats of the Philippine Navy,” Coloma said.
He said since Saturday, Gazmin was coordinating with the AFP and the defense attaché of Malaysia and Vietnam through information.
Coloma also said that President Benigno Aquino III has been updated on the AFP’s inclusion in the search and rescue mission.