- Posted March 8, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Travel photo of the day
- Festivities for the 141 Kentucky Derby to be held in May 2015 kicked off with thunder over Louisville and a spectacular fireworks show watched by 650,000
- Splendid splendor of spring blossoms and tweeting birds
- Dr. Rand Paul, Senator from Kentucky announces his candidacy for the next president of US at the Grand Ballroom of the Galt House in Louisville, KY
- Day after President Obama's visit to Louisville, KY, traffic back to normal, a young man looking for better opportunity at a local company and a massive fire in a GE warehouse
- What could have been done differently on the Germanwings plane that did not land safely in Dusseldorf, Germany?
Images of one of the most beautiful cities of China, will not be tarnished by the recent brutal killings in Kunming
On March 01, 2014, about 10 men went on a brutal killing spree using knives, swords, cleavers and daggers in what was one of the worst terrorist attack in China, which occurred at the Kunming railway station. Within about 12 minutes about 33 person have been reported dead and over a 100 more have had to be hospitalized. In 2008, I had the opportunity to visit Kunming a historic city in the Yunnan province of South Western China. Kunming is a very beautiful garden city, (images 1 and 2) with colorful cultural diversity (image 2), ancient architecture (image 4), religious diversity (a mosque is seen in image 5), a mix of ancient and modern architecture (images 6 and 7). Kunming has its very distinctive cuisine and is known for its love of long noodles and grilled poultry (image 8). The restaurants in Kunming are very picturesque (image 9). Finally to those innocent people whose life ended on March 01, 2014 in the city of the most variety of beautiful flowers, I leave an image of flowers. May you rest in peace and may your memories remind the world that violence achieves nothing and in the modern era power does not flow through the barrel of the gun or the sharp edge of a dagger.