- Posted March 10, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
The written word: Your personal essays
- The Uighur People: In Defense of the Minority, their Identity and Autonomy Part II
- The Uighur People: In Defense of the Minority, their Identity and Autonomy Part I
- The Joint War Criminality of Obama and Netanhayu’s Israel in exterminating the Palestinian People is a Crime Against Humanity
- The Shooting down of MH17 is a Terrorist Act and a Crime Against Humanity: The bastard Americans must back off from the on-going international investigation Part II
- The Shooting down of MH17 is a Terrorist Act and a Crime Against Humanity: The bastard Americans must back off from the on-going international investigation Part I
Anwar Ibrahim’s conviction: A Travesty of Justice Part II
As already noted, the people of Malaysia are angry with the decision which they viewed as a miscarriage of justice.
Besides the Malaysian Bar, Lawyer’s for Liberty, Bersih and other Non-government organizations have also come out to question and criticize the said decision.
The international community’s reaction is more stringent and categorical to the core, to say the least.
The International Commission of Jurists (ICJ) condemned Anwar’s conviction as a mockery of justice and they even directly “casts doubts on the independence and impartiality of the Malaysian judiciary and tarnishes the reputation of the country’s legal system”.
Even the United States voiced its concern through State Department spokeswoman, Jen Psaki when she stated that:
"The decision to prosecute Mr Anwar, and his trial, have raised a number of concerns regarding the rule of law and the independence of the court…
"In this high-profile case, it is critical for Malaysia to apply the rule of law fairly, transparently and apolitically in order to promote confidence in Malaysia's democracy and judiciary."
Warning to the powers that be and A Call to the People
We all know and so as the whole knows that this is an extreme travesty of justice! If the establishment thought and that bastard colluding stupid 'court' thinks that by jailing the Opposition Leader they will silence him; they are dead wrong! Anwar is used to be in jail!
This latest judicial perversity and political prostitution of the powers that be will only empower further the rakyat not only to resist, but inevitably to revolt!
It is beyond the shadow of doubt that this is exactly the time for them, the people themselves to act and to rise.
They must show in a collective sense that the true power of the government lies on their hands. They must now launch and unleash the Malaysian People Power in its full force!
ALL POWERS TO THE PEOPLE!!!
Jose Mario Dolor De Vega
College of Arts and Letters
Polytechnic University of the Philippines