- Posted March 10, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
First Person: Your essays
- The Hypocrisy of a bloody bastard bias world: Their West-Terrorism and the Terrorism of the Terrorists II
- The Hypocrisy of a bloody bastard bias world: Their West-Terrorism and the Terrorism of the Terrorists I
- The so-called Sight line “Rule” and the so-called “Doctrine” of the setting: illegal, impertinent and super stupid petition of the “Knights” of Rizal and the Question of the Soul of the Nation
- An impertinent and ridiculous position paper of the so-called “sol-gen” of the Republic of the Philippines: A counter-position Part I
- A Mockery and Travesty of Justice: The Continuing Persecution and Permanent Harassment of Anwar Ibrahim by the powers that be in Malaysia
Anwar Ibrahim’s conviction: A Travesty of Justice Part II
As already noted, the people of Malaysia are angry with the decision which they viewed as a miscarriage of justice.
Besides the Malaysian Bar, Lawyer’s for Liberty, Bersih and other Non-government organizations have also come out to question and criticize the said decision.
The international community’s reaction is more stringent and categorical to the core, to say the least.
The International Commission of Jurists (ICJ) condemned Anwar’s conviction as a mockery of justice and they even directly “casts doubts on the independence and impartiality of the Malaysian judiciary and tarnishes the reputation of the country’s legal system”.
Even the United States voiced its concern through State Department spokeswoman, Jen Psaki when she stated that:
"The decision to prosecute Mr Anwar, and his trial, have raised a number of concerns regarding the rule of law and the independence of the court…
"In this high-profile case, it is critical for Malaysia to apply the rule of law fairly, transparently and apolitically in order to promote confidence in Malaysia's democracy and judiciary."
Warning to the powers that be and A Call to the People
We all know and so as the whole knows that this is an extreme travesty of justice! If the establishment thought and that bastard colluding stupid 'court' thinks that by jailing the Opposition Leader they will silence him; they are dead wrong! Anwar is used to be in jail!
This latest judicial perversity and political prostitution of the powers that be will only empower further the rakyat not only to resist, but inevitably to revolt!
It is beyond the shadow of doubt that this is exactly the time for them, the people themselves to act and to rise.
They must show in a collective sense that the true power of the government lies on their hands. They must now launch and unleash the Malaysian People Power in its full force!
ALL POWERS TO THE PEOPLE!!!
Jose Mario Dolor De Vega
College of Arts and Letters
Polytechnic University of the Philippines