- Posted March 11, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Hot pursuit vs rebels in Phl continues
Mayor Butch Fernandez was forced to suspend classes to prevent students from being hit in the crossfire.
Military operations spread as far as the hinterlands of neighboring Magsaysay town, Hagonoy and Kiblawan, all of Davao del Sur; Colombio in Sultan Kudarat; and Tulunan in North Cotabato.
Col. Norman Marcus Flores, commander of the 1002nd Infantry Brigade, warned his men against landmines possibly planted by the fleeing members of the New People’s Army’s (NPA) Front Committee 72 led by one Felix Amodia alias Commander Jing.
Seven members of the 39th Infantry Battalion were killed while eight others were wounded when the vehicle they were riding was hit by a landmine explosion on Monday morning while they were chasing the rebels in Barangay Asbang in Matanao.
Earlier at 4:00 a.m., a band of 50 rebels attacked the Matanao Municipal Police Station, killing two policemen and wounding five others. They also carted away four Armalite rifles.