- Posted March 11, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Phl channels P585M to irrigation system
The release was charged against the DA-NIA’s P3.49-billion budget for Irrigation Network Services this year. These services are likewise one of the agency’s Major Final Outputs under the 2014 Performance-Informed Budget.
“By giving sufficient budget support to the agriculture department, the Aquino administration can give the NIA enough leeway to fulfill their targets for 2014, specifically for shaping up existing irrigation systems across the country,” Secretary of Budget and Management Florencio “Butch” Abad said.
Abad added: “More important, however, is the positive impact of better irrigation systems on crop production nationwide, which will in turn boost our agriculture industry and aid the very farmers that drive it.”
He also noted that the P584.7 million release comprises the entirety of DA-NIA’s 2014 budget for the Restoration/Rehabilitation of Existing Irrigation Systems, which is one of the subprojects covered by the irrigation administration’s Irrigation Network Services budget.
Other subprojects listed under the irrigation administration’s Irrigation Network Services budget are the Extension/Expansion of Existing Irrigation Networks, the Repair/Operation and Maintenance of Pump Irrigation Systems, Irrigation Management Transfer Support Services, and Climate Change Adaptation Works.