- Posted March 16, 2014 by
New York, New York
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- VIDEO: UN has proof that Russia is funding and supplying weapons to militants in eastern Ukraine
- VIDEO: Aircrafts of WWII in "The Greatest Show on Turf"
- iReport Interview: Ask an astronaut. About Relationship
- Russian sanctions against the U.S. - it sounds veeeeery scaring!
- PHOTO: Protesters in Ukraine support demonstrators in Venezuela
Yuriy SERGEYEV, Ambassador of Ukraine to the UN: "Today at UNSC wasn't a voice of Russia, but of USSR"
NEW YORK, USA – MARCH 15, CNN iReport – Yuriy SERGEYEV, Ukrainian ambassador to the UN commented Russia's decision to veto UNSC resolution. Especially for CNN iReport.
“Security council today hold its seventh meeting on Ukraine, which was the logic result of the previous six meetings where we exchanged the views on the situation in Ukraine. They were all about Russian invasion in Crimea. Today was an attempt to adapt the resolution on the stance of these Security Council members has to be. Tomorrow's referendum has to be aggression as it is Russian position - vetoed the resolution - says by itself. So we have an aggressor, who demonstrated it publically today. So it opens the doors to another measure to be implemented - sanctions which will bring to isolation of Russia aggression, if they are not able to stop this idiotism which is ruining whole system of international security” – the Ambassador said.
Journalist: Andrey Vasiliev
Producer: Olga Mozkova