- Posted March 16, 2014 by
- America’s Newest Airline Will Sponsor The “Baltia Airlines Thunder Over Michigan Airshow”
- Baltia Airlines Nearing Takeoff from JFK to St. Petersburg
- Baltia Airlines 2013 Annual Report: Selected Items
- Baltia’s B747 Aircraft Passes Major Maintenance Requirements with Flying Colors
- Baltia Airlines Might Perform Domestic Proving Flights
Baltia is America's Newest Airline
Although Baltia was incorporated in 1989, the reality is that its preparations to receive an Air Operator’s Certificate (AOC) only began in 2008. The following timeline shows the events pertinent to certification over the past six years:
• February 8, 2009: Baltia formally began the FAA certification process.
• March 20, 2009: Department of Transportation (DOT) awarded Baltia its initial schedule for flights from JFK to St. Petersburg.
• September 10, 2011: N706BL finished receiving its fresh coat of paint and flew back to Oscoda, MI.
• April 11, 2013: Baltia enters Phase II of FAA Air Carrier Certification
• November 14, 2013: Baltia’s initial group of pilots begin training.
• February 6, 2014: Baltia launches new website with detailed information on flights and booking tickets.
• As of now, Baltia is conducting Phase II of the FAA Air Carrier Certification process under Part 121.
The completion of Phase II will undoubtedly be the single most important accomplishment thus far for Baltia in 2014. Phase II consists of the flight crew completing a series of training courses, as well as a maintenance check on the company’s 747-200 aircraft. Current estimates place the completion of these events in April, after which time Baltia must complete two short (1-2 weeks) administrative procedures before receiving its certificate.
Baltia will provide high quality three-class passenger service, and reliable cargo and mail transportation. The N706BL plane will offer passengers three classes of service and a premium lounge in the air. The entire upper deck will be a first class lounge with live entertainment and a bar. First and Business class passengers will have access to the Golden Rooster Club on the ground and limo airport transfers.
In addition, multiple industry experts have joined the company over the past several months to expedite certification and ensure that Baltia is prepared for the enormous market it is targeting for its exclusive non-stop flight from JFK International Airport to St. Petersburg, Russia.