- Posted March 17, 2014 by
- Doctors Use 3-D Printing To Help A Baby Breathe
- Scientists 3D Print New Solar Panels Which Work Best When Cloudy
- Soldiers using 3D printers could print out battle gear on demand but there are numerous hurdles to deal with
- This Home Was Built With A 3-D Printer
- The 11 Million-Year-Old Whale Fossils You Can 3D-Print at Home
3D Printed Liver Makes Surgery Safer
The 3D-printed replicas, which are made of transparent material threaded with colored arteries and veins, could help surgeons prevent complications when performing liver transplants or removing cancerous tumors, researchers said.
"We provide the surgeons with a physical model that is 100 percent identical to what they will encounter in surgery when they operate," said Dr. Nizar Zein, the chief of hepatology at the Cleveland Clinic in Ohio. "It takes away some of the potential surprises that will be found at the time of surgery."
Read More At: