- Posted March 18, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
1,174 pass Bar exams in Philippines
SC Associate Justice Arturo Brion, chairperson of the 2013 Committee on the Bar Examinations, said in a press conference that the number of successful examinees translated to 22.18 percent of the total examinees who completed the examinations last October.
Brion also announced that the oath-taking of the successful Bar candidates will be on April 28, 2014 at 2 p.m. at the Philippine International Convention Center (PICC).
The 2013 Bar topnotcher is Nielson G. Pangan, a graduate of the University of the Philippines (UP), who obtained the highest overall rating of 85.80 percent.
The top 10 examinees are:
-- 1st place: Nielson G. Pangan, UP, with 85.80%;
-- 2nd place: Mark Xavier D. Oyales, UP, 85.45%; Dianna Louise R. Wilwayco, Ateneo de Manila University (ADMU), 85.45%;
-- 3rd place: Rudy V. Ortea, University of Batangas, 84.20%;
-- 4th place: Eden Catherine B. Mopia, UP, 84.05%;
-- 5th place: Tercel Maria G. Mercado-Gephart, University of San Carlos, 83.90%;
-- 6th place: Manuel Elijah J. Sarausad, University of Cebu, 83.80%;
-- 7th place: Katrine Paula V. Suyat, San Beda College-Manila, 83.75%;
-- 8th place: Michael T. Tiu Jr., UP, 83.70%;
-- 9th place: Marjorie Ivory S. Fulgueras, ADMU, 83.65%; and,
-- 10th place: Cyril G. Arnesto, UP, 83.60%.