- Posted March 18, 2014 by
- Students of Heritage plans Project Liter of Light for the slums in Kolkata
- “CAN YOU TEACH A ZEBRA SOME ALGEBRA?” – THE ALCHEMY OF LEARNING DECODED AT THE HERITAGE SCHOOL KOLKATA
- Rotaract Club of HIT-K raises fund for the Durbar Team
- Annual Fest of The Heritage School Kolkata witnessed the presence of the First Lady
- Young minds with infinite energies and unique talents @ Youthopia 2014
Rotaractors of Heritage Institute celebrates holi with cancer afflicted children
On 15th of March, 2014 a team of enthusiastic Rotaractors from Heritage Institute of Technology, Kolkata visited the Cancer ward at S.S.C.C.R.I, Thakurpukur. They were accompanied by 11 children from Nikhil Banga Samity, an orphanage with whom the club has worked in the past. There were around 45 cancer-afflicted children in the cancer ward, their age group ranging between 2 months and 8 years.
The children of Nikhil Banga Samity put up a wonderful show for the unfortunate children in the cancer ward by reciting poems from Sukumar Ray’s famous poetry collection, Abol-Tabol. A small musical performance was also put up by the Rotaractors. The children were later shown videos like Presto and Partly Cloudy.
The administration was so pleased with this endeavour of RC-HITK that they requested the club to paint the children’s room in the hospital. Holi celebration was special for RC-HITK this year, as they filled the lives of these unfortunate kids with colours of joy and happiness.