- Posted March 19, 2014 by
- Haiti - Diplomacy : The Ambassador of Haiti deplored the behavior of his compatriots
- Central Electoral Board (JCE) has detected thousands of Dominican citizens identities stolen by Haitian nationals
- Haitian nationals are deforesting and burning Loma Isabel de Torres in Dominican Republic to make furnaces for the production of charcoal to be sold in haiti
- Expert Jurist says Dominican Republic has no commitment with Haiti
- U.S. Dept. of State continues its ruthless attacks as it looks for candidate to fill up job post; it says Dominican Republic is xenophobic against Haitians
Haitian accused Dom. Rep. before IACHR declared 3 children and voted 5 times
The foreigner of haitian descent, who calls himself 'William Medina Ferreras', was charged Tuesday by the Central Electoral Board (JCE) of relying on false documents to support their Dominican nationality.
The complaint filed with the National District prosecutor, Yeni Berenice Reynoso indicates that the defendant used a fake ID to vote in the elections of 2002, 2006, 2008, 2010 and 2012.
With the same document declared the births of Carolina Medina Perez, Luis Medina Ney and Awilda Medina Pérez Pérez.
In October 2013, Medina Ferreras, 47, told the Commission that he lived in the border town 'Oviedo' in Pedernales province, and 14 years ago the military came to his home and an officer of imigration and arrested him, ' accusing him of being Haitian'.
He said that despite being Dominican, in 2000, along with his family he was repatriated to Haiti, where he now has to beg to survive.
The JCE complaint against Medina Ferreras said that following an investigation, the agency determined that the parents and siblings cited by Medina Ferreras before the Commission were not such.
The JCE demanded reparation of damages provisionally assessed in a total of RD $ 1 million, and the application of appropriate penalties.
Source AlMomento.net: http://almomento.net/articulo.php?id=157980