- Posted March 20, 2014 by
- David Saganelidze: “The Khudoni Dam is the Most Perspective Project”
- Levan Berdzenishvili: “Arguments from Khudoni HPP Opposers are Weak”
- Georgia's PM Emphasizes Importance of the Khudoni Project
- Energy Development Fund Signs Memorandum on Launch of 6 HPPs
- EBRD to Finance Large Dam Construction in Turkey
Georgia's Former PM: "Khudoni HPP Has No Alternatives"
"It's a basic and obvious fact that utilizing hydro resources will create a new export sector for the country," CEO of the "Liberty Bank" Supervisory Board and Georgia's Ex-PM, Lado Gurgenidze, stated yesterday.
He noted that utilizing hydro potential has no alternatives for the country's energy security and that the project's strategic advantages easily outweighs the issues that arose before construction began. Gurgenidze also considers the media to be crucial in forming a correct and healthy mindset in society regarding this matter.
One of the leading banks in the country, the Bank of Georgia, is also actively committed to the energy sector, and is currently preparing to erect a 27 MW HPP in Svaneti. The bank's general director, Irakli Gilauri, stated that energy projects are essential for Georgia's competitiveness, and that "the more energy a country has, the more competitive it will be.
"Following this, the energy sector won't be the only one that'll become attractive to investors, since the energy component is relevant to all types of business."