- Posted March 20, 2014 by
- “Halting the Activities of RMG is a Serious Issue for the Entire Country”
- “RMG’s Openness to Conduct an Ecological Audit is Quite Welcomed”
- “RMG” Answers Allegations Posed by the National Party
- The Problems That RMG GOLD’s Suspension Has Created For The Bolnisi Population
- UNESCO Has Given No Specific Advice on Sakdrisi and will Not Be Monitoring It
Georgia's Former PM: "Khudoni HPP Has No Alternatives"
"It's a basic and obvious fact that utilizing hydro resources will create a new export sector for the country," CEO of the "Liberty Bank" Supervisory Board and Georgia's Ex-PM, Lado Gurgenidze, stated yesterday.
He noted that utilizing hydro potential has no alternatives for the country's energy security and that the project's strategic advantages easily outweighs the issues that arose before construction began. Gurgenidze also considers the media to be crucial in forming a correct and healthy mindset in society regarding this matter.
One of the leading banks in the country, the Bank of Georgia, is also actively committed to the energy sector, and is currently preparing to erect a 27 MW HPP in Svaneti. The bank's general director, Irakli Gilauri, stated that energy projects are essential for Georgia's competitiveness, and that "the more energy a country has, the more competitive it will be.
"Following this, the energy sector won't be the only one that'll become attractive to investors, since the energy component is relevant to all types of business."