- Posted March 20, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Private sector rebuilds typhoon-hit Phl
In an interview over radio station dzRH-Manila, Secretary Lacson said the private sector is helping in the reconstruction projects, such as school buildings and housing units, while the government is preparing its rehabilitation plan.
“Top corporations are there doing their respective rehabilitation efforts such as reconstruction of school buildings, housing unit, and many others,” he said.
The secretary cited that at least 22 housing units in Tanauan, Leyte, Central Philippines, are set to be turned over by Gawad Kalinga to the local government. He also said that the private sector has already turned over a municipal hall and a market to the local government of Leyte.
Lacson also said there is an ongoing construction of a school complex in the province. “Reconstructions are being done in several areas,” the secretary said during the radio interview.
He said they are now waiting for the completion of the post-disaster needs assessment analysis.
Typhoon “Yolanda” (international codename Haiyan) hit the Philippines in November 8 last year and left thousands of people dead in Eastern and Central Philippines and brought massive damage to infrastructures.