- Posted March 21, 2014 by
Eastern Connecticut, Connecticut
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- Chicago PD Caught Running Black Site: Mainstream Media Ignores Story
- Lets Start the New Year to Petition Obama to Acknowledge We Have A Right to Video Record!
- Please Sign Petition: For Obama to Acknowledge We Have the Lawful Right to Record Police
- Written Commentary: The deaths of NYPD Officers Wenjian Liu and Rafael Ramos
- Update: Saratoga County Police Officer Shawn Glans Assaults Citizen
What if Americans took the time to read. . . .?
What if Americans took the time to understand that the Constitution does not give or grant us rights? What if Americans understood that the Constitution restricts government? What if Americans understood that we, the people, are the gatekeepers of the Constitution and not Congress or the President?
Would it inconvenience you to read for yourself these two important documents, the Constitution and Declaration of Independence? Our forefathers paid a heavy price, our ancestors paid a heavy burden, both Northern and Southern, in their understanding of what the Constitution meant to them.
When will we, as Americans, understand that the Constitution does not give or grant Americans rights or privileges? When we, as Americans, understand that the government does not have rights, but privileges granted to them by we the people?