- Posted March 21, 2014 by
Eastern Connecticut, Connecticut
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- (8 min vid)Eric Frein and how he is eluding capture: The Art of War
- Is Voting Republican The Answer on Nov 5?
- Armed Terrorists Kidnap and Torture American Citizen for 11 Hours
- Armed Domestic Terrorists Threaten to Kidnap 2 Week Old Child From American Parents
- State Senatorial Candidate Can Not Recite Bill of Rights
What if Americans took the time to read. . . .?
What if Americans took the time to understand that the Constitution does not give or grant us rights? What if Americans understood that the Constitution restricts government? What if Americans understood that we, the people, are the gatekeepers of the Constitution and not Congress or the President?
Would it inconvenience you to read for yourself these two important documents, the Constitution and Declaration of Independence? Our forefathers paid a heavy price, our ancestors paid a heavy burden, both Northern and Southern, in their understanding of what the Constitution meant to them.
When will we, as Americans, understand that the Constitution does not give or grant Americans rights or privileges? When we, as Americans, understand that the government does not have rights, but privileges granted to them by we the people?