- Posted March 22, 2014 by
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
- Haiti - Diplomacy : The Ambassador of Haiti deplored the behavior of his compatriots
- Central Electoral Board (JCE) has detected thousands of Dominican citizens identities stolen by Haitian nationals
- Haitian nationals are deforesting and burning Loma Isabel de Torres in Dominican Republic to make furnaces for the production of charcoal to be sold in haiti
- Expert Jurist says Dominican Republic has no commitment with Haiti
- U.S. Dept. of State continues its ruthless attacks as it looks for candidate to fill up job post; it says Dominican Republic is xenophobic against Haitians
Dominican Republic One hundred years without Cholera: One dead and 42 affected by an outbreak of diarrhea in Higuey
Cases of diarrhea according to the head in charge of ‘Salud Ambiental de La Altagracia’ to "Haitians defecating anywhere outdoors, despite having bathrooms recently built", he said.
Higuey - One dead and 42 people under medical surveillance is the result of an outbreak of diarrhea affecting a Batey in the city of Higuey.
The diarrhea outbreak was detected on Tuesday, after authorities learn about the death of a male 26 years old in the Batey Piñita, about 12 kilometers from the city of Higuey.
Evangelina Rodriguez Yuma Perozo is hospitalized as an inpatient. Eleven other people were also affected, nine of them children between two and six years.
Other cases have been treated in ‘Seguro Social La Romana’ and ‘El Nuestra Señora de La Altagracia’ of Higüey. The diarrhea outbreak has affected whole families.
Cases of diarrhea according to the head in charge of ‘Salud Ambiental de La Altagracia’ to Haitians defecating anywhere outdoors, despite having bathrooms recently built.
Public Health Services has distribute moisturizing serums to the inhabitants of the batey, since almost all have felt stomach pains.