- Posted March 27, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
P1.5M for typhoon-ravaged crops in Phl
Felicidad Dumaguing, Provincial Agrarian Reform Program Officer (PARPO), distributed the indemnity checks to the beneficiaries whose farm products were destroyed by storms Odette and Vinta in Ilocos Norte Province.
“The typhoons which hit the province last year had destroyed most of the farmers’ crops due to strong winds while those who have managed to harvest their rice and crops also suffered because of floods. Farmers weren’t able to get their produce to the market centers and it rotted,” she said.
The DAR partnered with the Philippine Crop Insurance Corporation (PCIC), an attached agency of the Department of Agriculture (DA), in providing crop insurance protection for the ARBs of Ilocos Norte.
The protection plan, amounting to P17.1 billion, is contained in the joint program called the “Agrarian Reform Beneficiaries-Agricultural Insurance Program (ARB-AIP).
The program provides ARBs and ARB household members with insurance subsidy to enhance agricultural productivity, mitigate agricultural losses due to pest and disease infestations and the impact of weather shocks as a result of climate change and other natural calamities.