- Posted March 27, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
US works with Phl drug agencies
The law enforcement agencies include Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA), Philippine National Police (PNP), and National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) on significant investigation of drug syndicates and other illegal drug smuggling cases.
DEA has sponsored law enforcement infrastructure projects and the most recent is the establishment of Manila International Airport Drug Interdiction Task Force operation center at Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) Terminal 3.
DEA, in coordination with PDEA, created it in response to the threat of drug traffickers using Manila airport as a transit location.
Accordingly, DEA has routinely sponsored the Philippine drug law enforcement officers to attend the U.S. International Law Enforcement Academy in Bangkok, Thailand for professional development and specific training.
Here in the Philippines, DEA has organized in 2013 a 5-week training covering various courses to include basic drug investigation, human rights, firearms training, and basic first aid held at the PDEA Training Academy in Cavite. Approximately 50 law enforcement officers were in attendance.
DEA has also conducted twice a one-week Airport Drug Investigation/Interdiction training course at Clark and Cebu to support PDEA Airport initiatives.
Aside from it, a Clandestine Drug Laboratory Investigation Course was conducted by DEA at the PDEA Headquarters and donated related safety and laboratory analysis equipment.