- Posted March 27, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Phl Marine hero welcomes peace pact
"Any effort to address the problem in Mindanao and achieve lasting peace is a welcome development to soldiers," Querubin said.
He also said the Bangsamoro agreement will secure the peace in Southern Philippines, but stressed that it should have been formulated much sooner so that the country would have been spared needless bloodshed.
Querubin also stressed that had a similar agreement have been available or crafted much earlier, there would have been no need for thousands of soldiers and MILF fighters killed in the 2000 campaign.
But he clarified that he did not regret fighting for the country as it was their sworn duty.
Querubin earned his Medal of Award on March 18, 2000 when he commanded a Marine battalion landing team in a 24-hour crossfire against some 800 fully armed men of the MILF in Kauswagan, Lanao del Norte.
His group broke the last line of the MILF's stronghold that resulted in the capture of Camp John Mack, considered as the rebels' most strategic staging area for operations.
The ball is now in the court of lawmakers in the House of Congress and the people of Southern Philippines to pass and ratify the law that make the peace a long lasting one.