- Posted March 27, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Malaysian PM congratulates Phl president
MALAYSIAN Prime Minister Najib Razak on Thursday congratulated Philippine President Benigno Aquino III for his unwavering effort in achieving peace for Southern Philippines.
Razak arrived Manila on Thursday to witness the historic signing of the Comprehensive Agreement of the Bangsamoro (CAB) between the government of the Philippines and the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) at the Malacanang Palace grounds.
“This is the beginning of our journey towards a lasting peace for our people in Southern Philippines,” Razak said.
During the signing of the peace pact, Razak and MILF panel negotiator Murad Ibrahim were visibly teary eyed, which observers said could have been the fruit of their untiring efforts in attaining peace and unity among the people in the once troubled region.
More than 1,000 people, including guests from different from different countries, also witnessed the historic signing of the peace deal.
The signing the CAB concluded the almost two-hour ceremony held outside of Malacanang Palace.