- Posted March 28, 2014 by
Shearin Group Ten Qualities of Outstanding Leaders
Although personal positive traits and skills may vary, most experts agree that excellent leaders tend to view the world in a consistent way. A stable set of values is particularly essential, as is a passion for maintaining high ethical standards. The most prevalent characteristics seen among these exceptional leaders include:
1. Leadership by Example – working as a model for others.
2. Visionary – setting a sense of direction for others.
3. Strong Communicator – listening and contemplating, including verbal communication.
4. Clear Thinking – simplifying things to facilitate awareness and reduce confusion.
5. Professional – being respectable both publicly and privately.
6. Open-Minded – welcoming constructive dissent or negative views.
7. Calm – remaining cool under pressure, even when the going is rough.
8. Trustworthy – living a consistent, highly moral, and just life.
9. Nurturing – exhibiting respect for others, their views, and their ability to attain valuable gains.
10. Supportive – assisting others develop their strengths and showing sincere appreciation.
The above article is a repost from Shearin Group Training Services