- Posted March 28, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Phl Congress to mark 11th WWDs Day
Rep. Linabelle Ruth Villarica of Bulacan said representatives from the Department of Transportation and Communications (DOTC), National Council on Disability Affairs (NCDA), Optical Media Board (OMB), Department of Trade and Industry (DTI), Philippine Academy of Rehabilitation Medicine (PARM), Commission on Human Rights (CHR), Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH), and the Leonard Cheschire Disability Philippines Foundation, Inc. (LCDPFI will join in the celebration.
Rep. Erlinda M. Santiago, vice chairperson of CWGE, said the WWD Day is an important event as provided under Presidential Proclamation 744 issued on December 6, 2004 declaring every last Monday of March of every year as Women With Disabilities Day celebration.
DOTC Secretary Joseph Emilio Aguinaldo Abaya, Jr. has been invited to grace the occasion.
Highlight of this year's celebration is the formal presentation of actress Marian Rivera as the Ambassador for Women and Children with Disabilities by Acting Executive Director, Carmen Zubiaga.
The celebration will also feature Dr. Louie Miranda of the Land Transportation Office (LTO) to conduct a lecture on the rights of women with disabilities on securing a driver's license.