- Posted March 28, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Phl Army urges commies: Follow MILF
The MILF on Thursday signed a peace agreement with the government and coordinated in the conception of an autonomous Bangsamoro region.
Maj. Ray Tiongson, spokesperson of the Army's Third Infantry Division (3ID) based in Capiz Province, said the agreement is a welcome development that promises lasting peace for a region torn apart by years of political strife.
"The NPA should follow this kind of endeavor," Tiongson said, adding that resolution through dialogues with the government can help achieve the common goal of attaining a peaceful and progressive society.
The army official extended the 3ID's congratulations to the Moro community and lauded the Muslims for their support to the agreement.
He also urged the NPA to abandon its decades-long armed struggle, seeing that its organizational structure is beginning to dwindle after the arrest of its top leaders last week and its alleged low recruitment rate.
The armed group must instead cooperate with the government "to ensure a good future for the next generation."
Meanwhile, army units in Panay Island are on red alert status for the rebel group's 45th anniversary slated March 29.