- Posted March 29, 2014 by
- A Look At How Rock Music Has Changed Over The Decades
- Djent Pioneers Periphery Announce Fall 2014 Tour With Dayshell & Circles
- Craig Owens Talks New Album, Breaking New Ground & How Chiodos Survived A Changing Music Industry
- Soundgarden Could Join Green Day & Nine Inch Nails Onstage, Despite Past Rivalry In The 1990's
- Incura Sets The Bar High With New Single "The Greatest Con" [Listen Here]
Francis Cobain Believes Re-investigation Of Father's Death Is Wrong, "I Get It, I Really Do, But At The Same Time It's Creepy."
Francis Cobain, daughter of famed grunge icon Kurt Cobain, is not exactly impressed with the recent re-investigation of her father's death.
The 27-year-old grunge icon was found dead of a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head on April 8, 1994. Detectives determined that he had killed himself three days earlier.
The new photos of his suicide scene include shots of drug paraphernalia in a cigar box, including a burnt spoon with white powder on it and several syringes.
Despite Cobain's public struggles with drug addiction and depression, dogged conspiracy theorists continue to cast doubt on the circumstances of his death. Many media groups have attempted to make contact with the family since, an effort that Kurt Cobain's daughter is not exactly impressed with.
"I get it, I really do," says Francis Cobain, "but at the same time it's creepy."
"These people are fascinated by me, but I haven't done anything," she says. "If you're a big Nirvana fan, a big Hole fan, then I understand why you would want to get to know me, but I'm not my parents. Personally, I think it's best to leave things in the past and start looking forward to the future, instead of trying to milk someone's death."