- Posted March 29, 2014 by
- Somalia : Will Somalia Survive the Ordeal ?
- The ONLF replies to the UN Monitoring Report - deny links with Al-Shabaab
- Somalia : Puntland's MOWDAFA holds Seminar on Child Protection
- Somalia : Foreign Companies and Front Line Countries Exploiting Somalia's Failed State
- Somalia : Are the U.S , UK and Front line countries paralyzing Somalia ? By Ahmed Abdi
Somali Ogaden Scholars Denounce Ethiopia's Smear Campaign against Ogaden region
Somali Ogaden scholars have held a meeting in Kenya's Refugee Camp of Ifo on Thursday discussing on how to prevent the Ethiopia's cheap propaganda, denouncing several scholars that wearing Manchester United and playing for Barcelona at the same time,Ogadentoday reported on Friday.
"Ethiopia's government has waged a smear campaign against our values and traditions stealing our identity and waving a false flag ",Said Haji Abdi.
"Ethiopia should refrain from stirring to cause a further destruction in the Horn of Africa,which was already on edge and stop any actions which do not support her and the entire region ".
The scholars reiterated that they will support the ONLF's efforts of seeking a self-determination since they have no other options as long as Ethiopia claims Ogaden Region.
The scholars have agreed on the importance of teaching the children and community the best interpretations of Islam to avoid violence and extreme ideologies that can harm the well being of the Ogaden cause.
The Ogaden scholars said on Thursday that they are unifying all scholars under one umbrella to cope with the critical challenges facing the Somali Ogaden inside and outside of the region.