- Posted March 29, 2014 by
- Somalia: Explaining why Somali people quit listening to BBC and VOA Somali Services
- Ethiopia: Abdullahi Hussein holds Seminar in Support of Ogaden Human Rights
- #Somalia: The Rising number in Jubaland schools and Universities enrollment
- #Jubaland: Darwish returns Kismayo from #Kenya
- Jubaland State: Foundation stone of New Prison building laid
Somali Ogaden Scholars Denounce Ethiopia's Smear Campaign against Ogaden region
Somali Ogaden scholars have held a meeting in Kenya's Refugee Camp of Ifo on Thursday discussing on how to prevent the Ethiopia's cheap propaganda, denouncing several scholars that wearing Manchester United and playing for Barcelona at the same time,Ogadentoday reported on Friday.
"Ethiopia's government has waged a smear campaign against our values and traditions stealing our identity and waving a false flag ",Said Haji Abdi.
"Ethiopia should refrain from stirring to cause a further destruction in the Horn of Africa,which was already on edge and stop any actions which do not support her and the entire region ".
The scholars reiterated that they will support the ONLF's efforts of seeking a self-determination since they have no other options as long as Ethiopia claims Ogaden Region.
The scholars have agreed on the importance of teaching the children and community the best interpretations of Islam to avoid violence and extreme ideologies that can harm the well being of the Ogaden cause.
The Ogaden scholars said on Thursday that they are unifying all scholars under one umbrella to cope with the critical challenges facing the Somali Ogaden inside and outside of the region.