- Posted March 29, 2014 by
- Aafia cause gets warm support in South Africa
- SA rights bodies, civil society support Aafia cause
- Ramsawami ancient population of Karachi today, there are buildings constructed by the British, pictures of trees on walls
- Security forces and civilian who sacrificed for the country's security national hero: Pasban-e-Pakistan
- Pasban-e-Pakistan rejects politics of hatred and divide, National security institutions respectable, freedom of expression must for democracy: spokesman Azam Minhas
11 years in prison: Civil society meets in 50 Pakistani cities to show solidarity with Dr Aafia Siddiqui
On March 30, on the appeal of Aafia Movement special programs and gatherings are being held not only in Pakistan but also in different countries of the world to show solidarity with Aafia.
In Pakistan these programs would be held in more than 50 cities and towns including Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, Rawalpindi, Peshawar, Quetta, Sargodha, Gujranwala, Hyderabad, Miurpurkhas, Sukkur and Badin, while in 15 different countries of the world including the United States of America, United Kingdom, South Africa and Turkey a large number of peace-loving people would gather to pay respect to Aafia and express solidarity with her cause.
Aafia is presently jailed in Federal Medical Center, Carswell (FMC Carswell) jail in Texas. The American human rights activists would also hold a demo outside this jail and raise voice for her release.
In Karachi, a central gathering would be held at Two-Sword Clifton where citizens would sign on a big banner to express solidarity with Aafia.
Dr Fowzia Siddiqui of Aafia Movement Pakistan has already called on Muttahida Quami Movement (MQM) leader Haider Abbas Rizvi and members of Rabita Committee, Jamaat-e-Islami (JI) Karachi chapter amir Hafiz Naeemur Rehman in Idara Noor Haq, Fahimuddin Shaikh and other Sunni Tehreek Rabita Committee members in central secretariat of Sunni Tehreek, PTI Women Wing leaders, leaders of Tehreek Insaf Students Federation, Aurat Foundation, Pawla, Pasban Pakistan, District Bar Council, High Court Bar council, traders, doctors, students, Pakistan Engineering Council, religious leaders and other members of civil society and invited them to attend the program of Two-Sword Clifton.
These leaders have assured to attend the program and extend their support for early release and repatriation of Dr Aafia Siddiqui.