- Posted April 2, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
P10B ‘pork barrel’ scam divides Phl politics
AN official on Wednesday said the administration of Philippine President Benigno Aquino III is not targeting senators who are members of the opposition with the impending filing of plunder and graft charges against them in connection with the alleged P10-billion pork barrel scam.
Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO) Secretary Herminio Coloma Jr. made the statement following Vice President Jejomar Binay’s written request not to limit the filing of charges to opposition members only.
Binay also said the President’s allies should also be investigated since two out of three senators linked to the alleged illegal disbursement of the Priority Development Assistance Fund (PDAF) -- Juan Ponce-Enrile and Jinggoy Estrada -- are both in the opposition.
Another senator linked to the scam is Senator Ramon Revilla Jr., who is also from a different political party.
Quoting President Aquino, Coloma said: “Let the evidence direct the course of the inquiry.’”
“The Department of Justice and the NBI (National Bureau of Investigation) are working together in gathering pieces of evidence for that matter,” Coloma further stressed.
He also said that concerned agencies are only working based on evidence since evidence does not favor anyone, not even allies of the President.
Coloma likewise pointed out that the Executive branch has nothing to do with the proceedings of the case since the Office of the Ombudsman is the one handling it.
Meanwhile, Coloma said Malacanang also “shares the people’s fervent hopes on the final resolution of these cases.”