- Posted April 2, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Phl: Wheels of justice moving forward
This was the statement Wednesday by Presidential Communications Operations Office Secretary Sonny Coloma on the Ombudsman’s resolution that plunder charges should be filed against three senators and other government officials and private individuals in connection with the alleged misuse of Priority Development Assistance Funds (PDAF).
In a resolution released Monday, the Office of the Ombudsman said it found probable cause to indict Senators Juan Ponce Enrile, Ramon “Bong” Revilla Jr., Jose “Jinggoy” Estrada, as well as Janet Lim Napoles and a number of government employees and non-governmental organization (NGO) officers with plunder.
Coloma said the resolution is based on the evidence gathered separately by the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) and the Ombudsman’s Field Investigation Office.
“This upholds the major points in the complaint filed by the Department of Justice (DOJ) and the NBI in September 2013,” he said. “The wheels of justice are moving forward.”
The cases arose from the exposé of whistleblower Benhur Luy about a “pork barrel scam” involving the use of huge amounts of PDAF by alleged “dummy” NGOs for purported “ghost” projects in a scheme supposedly hatched by Janet Lim Napoles, the Ombudsman statement said.