- Posted April 3, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Abduction of Filipina in Sabah confirmed
Citing a report from the Philippine Embassy in Kuala Lumpur, Foreign Affairs spokesman Charles Jose said the Filipina was abducted along with a Chinese national at the Singamata Resort near Semporna, Sabah, at around 10:30 p.m.
“The embassy’s police attache immediately alerted Philippine police authorities in nearby areas for possible interdiction, in the event the perpetrators and their victims were headed their way,” Jose said in a text message.
“Philippine authorities, particularly police maritime units and anti-kidnapping operatives, are actively and closely coordinating with their Malaysian counterparts in exchanging information and in working towards the speedy resolution of the case,” he added.
He declined to disclose the victim’s identity pending notification of her next of kin.
“We join the authorities in the desire for a speedy resolution of the case and the safe return of the victims to their families,” he said.