- Posted April 3, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Phl receives P120M grant for energy project
The report said the project aims to conclude the benefits of high-efficient motors to public and private sectors in the Philippines.
Delegation of the EU Attaché for Environment, Energy and Climate Change Matthieu Penot said this is the first partnership of EU with sugar millers in Philippines and the whole Southeast Asian region for an energy project.
”Europe is supporting long list of projects already in the Philippines also in ASEAN promoting energy efficiency. This is the first partnership with the sugar mill industry,” Penot said.
HEMs is a three-year project solely funded by EU in partnership of Institute of Integrated Electrical Engineers of the Philippines Inc. (IIEE), European Chamber of Commerce of the Philippines (ECCP) Asia Society for Social Improvement and Sustainable Transformation, Inc. (ASSIST), Association of Development Financing Institutions in Asia and the Pacific (ADIFIAP), Association Action for Sustainable Development (ASD), and International Copper Association Southeast Asia (ICASEA) and in association with Philippine Sugar Millers Association, Inc. (PSMA), Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI) and the Department of Energy (DOE).
The project aims to increase the deployment of more efficient motors and drive systems in the Philippine industries, with sugar millers as the pilot industry; design a model investment and financing schemes; implement a replicable pilot projects; and mobilize key stakeholders from both public and private sectors.