- Posted April 3, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- Lets Start the New Year to Petition Obama to Acknowledge We Have A Right to Video Record!
- Please Sign Petition: For Obama to Acknowledge We Have the Lawful Right to Record Police
- Written Commentary: The deaths of NYPD Officers Wenjian Liu and Rafael Ramos
- Update: Saratoga County Police Officer Shawn Glans Assaults Citizen
- Saratoga County Police Officer Shawn Glans Assaults Citizen
Albuquerque Police Department Murder Homeless Man James Boyd
In addition to the shooting, Albuquerque police chief, Gorden Eden, says that the shooting was justified because the K-9 handler felt "threatened" yet all the officers at the scene were visibly pointing their weapons at James Boyd.
As a result of the shooting, people have protested the recurring shootings by Albuquerque police and yet no word from our politicians says anything about these shootings; they're too busy attending fundraisers for their elections in November.
This is the direct result of police acting like they're in the military and a dangerous statistic says that you're more likely to be shot by a police officer than to be killed or wounded in places like Iraq. There have 5000 police related murders since 9/11, and yet no one seems to be questioning them.
Protests of Shooting
Video of Shooting