- Posted April 4, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Phl cave as tourist destination sought
Deputy Speaker Carlos Padilla of Nueva Vizcaya said House Bill 4127 mandates the Department of Tourism (DOT) to accord priority development to the cave by declaring it a tourist destination.
Padilla said the Capisaan Cave system was discovered by cave enthusiasts when they stumbled upon the cave in search for alternative tourist destinations after the Salinas Salt Springs in Bambang town were badly damaged during the 1990 killer earthquake.
The House leader said various cave enthusiasts have campaigned to bring the wonders of the Capisaan Cave system to the attention of the international tourism community.
"Despite numerous groups having visited the Capisaan Cave system, its immense formations remain untouched and the cave system is still considered pristine and intact," Padilla stressed.
According to Padilla, aside from its formations, the Capisaan Cave system's forest cover is also home to various flora and fauna that manage to effectively provide a perfect balance to the ecosystem.
"With all of these that the cave system has to offer, there is a need for a comprehensive development plan to manage the Capisaan Cave system while ensuring the conservation and protection of its immediate environment," Padilla said.