- Posted April 4, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Phl gov't allocates P6.6M for war-torn city
PHILIPPINE President Benigno Simeon Aquino, III, through the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA), has allocated P6.6 million for community-based training programs in Zamboanga City.
It can be recalled that hundreds were killed when rebels belonging Nur Misuari faction of the Moro National Liberation Front (MNLF) invaded Zamboanga City and put it under siege for almost a month last year.
TESDA Director General Joel Villanueva on Friday said the funding for this city is part of the P1.022 billion funds President Aquino has allotted for the community-based trainings of the agency.
Villanueva, who was in Zamboanga City Thursday, said that the community-based training program is for out-of-school youths (OSYs) who are interested in learning skills.
Villanueva said that among the skills trainings that will be conducted for OSYs are welding, computer, language and others.
He said the P6.6-million allocations will be divided into the two congressional districts in the city.
The first district comprises of 37 villages and the second district is 61 vilages.
Villanueva said that the OSYs, upon completion of the training, will receive National Certificate and will be provided with livelihood starter kits.