- Posted April 4, 2014 by
Watertown, New York
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- The GOP Tries to Sink Another Iran Deal; It's Not the First Time. Remember Reagan’s Deal with Iran? Our Coup? The Shah" No? You Must Be Republican
- $15 an Hour in NY? Where's the Outrage Over Corporate America's Continuous 'Raises'? Fast Food's Raise Will Leverage Hike for All Workers in America
- Still Not Lovin' It - McDonald's Profits Fall for Seventh Straight Quarter-The 'Golden Rule' May Help the Golden Arches
- The "White Flag of Surrender" is the Only Confederate Flag that Should Matter- Years of Continued Racism in America
- Main Stream Media Defends GOP Hopefuls from Trump - Exposing the Two Party System for What It Is- Corrupt and Bought
The Irony in 'GM's Faulty Ignition Switch Being Investigated By Our Government That Has It's Own Dirty Secrets
He found that when the car hit a bump, the switch moved back to accessory mode causing the power steering, brakes and air bags to fail.
But people at GM already knew this because they had quietly switched out the faulty switch and they keep the part number the same further exacerbating the problem.
The Congressional investigation of GM is to determine who knew and when.
We have cut government services severely over the last few years because, as conservatives claim, less government is better government- until it isn't.
And who does the philosophy of less government is better serve?
The Kochs, and those that pollute our environment have benefited from not having an adequate number of investigators available to make sure that the banks are doing what they should so that we don't have another financial collapse.
The irony of our government investigating GM is obvious.
With Edward Snowden's revelations about our NSA's spying on Americans, it appears that GM wasn't the only one covering up wrong doing.
The U.S. Government wants to know who ordered this faulty switch to be replaced and when did they discover the connection to the deaths because of it's failure.
But then, again, the U.S. Government has less than forthcoming about their own wrongdoing in the NSA, Afghanistan, Iraq, elections, voter suppression, campaign contributions, and the many dark secrets they feel should be left untold because they want to protect us? That's the irony because GM wanted to protect us too, by secretly switching the switch without telling a soul or accepting responsibility for the deaths they caused.