- Posted April 4, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
The written word: Your personal essays
Whether you like it or not, in just a few months’ time, summer will be here again. Though you may hate this season since it’s too hot to go outside, you’re always thirsty and sweating and you just don’t like showing off your body a bit, there’s no denying the fact you can’t stop summer. You just have to grin and bear it and make the most of it every year.
So, what do you need to have to survive this year’s summer? Whether you want to have a new one each summer or you just keep re-using or re-wearing the same thing every year, these are things that you always need to have during the hot and sunny season:
• A pair of shades. During summer, the sun can become so hot and bright that they can cause damage to your eyes. So to protect them from the heat, always have a pair of UV-resistant sunglasses. Your shades can also protect your eyes from harmful and irritating dusts and sands whenever you are on the beach and other sandy or grimy areas.
• Sun block lotion. Just like sunglasses, you need to always use sun block lotion to protect your sensitive skin from the harmful UV rays. But in case you’re looking to get some tan, scratch the sun block and cover yourself in tanning lotion.
• Swimsuits. You can either just have one or more to wear for swimming or for other water-based activities. To be always prepared, you need a suitable and comfortable swimwear that you can wear.
• Beach dresses. You can wear them as cover-ups when you are feeling quite uncomfortable to be seen wearing a skimpy bathing suit or bikini. Or if you just feel like hanging around the beach or on the pool side, you can wear a comfortable beach dress without feeling “fashionably out of place”.
• A pair of flip flops. Wearing flip flops is not only a stylish move during the summer but also provides comfort and coolness to your feet.
• Water or any refreshing drink. You need to hydrate at all times to avoid suffering from sunstroke and other illnesses that the hot sun and temperature can bring.
• A compact or small umbrella or beach hat. Again, these accessories can protect you from the harmful rays of the sun. A compact umbrella is more convenient to have since you can conveniently pack this in your bag. Also, summer isn’t complete without one or two sudden rainstorms or deluges so an umbrella would be the smarter option.
• A big beach or any type of bag. Where else would you put in all your stuff you need to bring to the beach or anywhere else? You need a large or medium-sized bag where you can place your sunglasses, swimwear and other toiletries.
All these stuff will really come in handy and can help anyone endure and make the best out of summer.