- Posted April 4, 2014 by
District of Columbia
- Anna Yaneva-The Head assistant, a painter, a teacher and an artistic manager in the New Bulgarian University in Sofia.
- Осиновеният син на Б.Рерасимов праща 10 деца в Париж
- Илиян Митов-осиновеният син на Б.Герасимов :Осиновяването - труден процес за българи, но не и за чужденци
- Iliyan Mitov-the adopted son of the Bulgarian ex-embassador- nominated for award
- Iliyan Mitov `s dream: Space trip
Adopted teenagers with a big hearts
The adopted teenagers from all over the world will meet at Paris,France April 23, for the annual forum of "WWA-WORLD WIDE ADOPTIONS`S AGENCY ".This year the meating will be named under-"DREAMCHASER". "Dreamchaser" is a world-wide project created by Iliyan Mitov-the adopted son of the ex-politician and writer Bogomil Gerasimov.Iliyan Mitov is the only adopted teenager from the Balkans who is part of the world`s largest agency for adoptions-"WWA" ,Iliyan is a special representative of STAR ALLIANCE`S TEAM-FOR CHARITY and the only adopted teenager from Bulgaria trying to find a family for every child.
Iliyan was adopted in 2003 November from Bulgarian,Strahilovo from the ex-politician Bogomil Gerasimov and the Bulgarian journalist E.Mitova.In 2010 Iliyan became part of WWA-world-wide adoptions`s agency.
More than 2000 children in Bulgaria grow up in institutions because their biological parents cannot care for them. Out of that number, 144 children are under the age of three. The average stay of children in children's homes is four and a half years. New scientific knowledge about childcare points to the negative effects on young children of staying in institutions , with many studies equating such stays with neglect. The Convention on the Rights of the Child favors family-based forms of care and envisages institutional care only if necessary.