- Posted April 5, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Philippine rebels launch landmine attack
The landmine exploded at around 2:30 in the afternoon at Sitio Opao, Palma Gil Village in Talaingod town and targeted a convoy of police personnel and Manila television correspondent Clair Cornelio.
The said convoy had just come from a relief operation at Sitio Nasilaban of the same village, the report said. No one was hurt in the attack.
Police and military elements are now combing the area to hunt down the perpetrators of the landmine explosion.
The AFP condemns the rebel group’s rampant use of Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) as landmines that also puts civilians in danger.
Early this year, the rebels also exploded a landmine that wounded five civilian medical personnel in Davao Del Sur.
The NPA is the armed wing of the Communist Party of the Philippines (CPP) founded by Joma Sison who is in self-exile in The Netherlands.