- Posted April 8, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Philippine rebels not giving up arms?
The issue was raised following a published report which indicated that MILF have joined forces with MNLF because they did not want to give up their firearms.
Deles, in a text message sent to Palace reporters, said there was no truth to that report.
In fact, she said, some MNLF members have even expressed support to the Comprehensive Agreement on the Bangsamoro (CAB).
Deputy Presidential Spokesperson Abigail Valte, in a Palace media briefing, said the government always made it a point to assure that all stakeholders were involved in the crafting of the agreement.
"Both panels have endeavored to make sure that the contents of the annex on normalization will be acceptable to all stakeholders," Valte said.
"They were very careful and very emphatic that all factors need to be taken into consideration," she added.
Valte, meanwhile, said Malacanang remained hopeful that both panels continue to work to inform other stakeholders about the contents of the annexes.
She said the annexes as well as the CAB are available online for the public to read so that they can form their own opinions on the information contained there.