- Posted April 8, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Restorative justice system in Phl pushed
The House Committee on Revision of Laws chaired by Rep. Marlyn Primicias-Agabas on Tuesday approved and endorsed House Bill 4147 in substitution of HB Nos. 117, 1066, 1087, 2117 and 3568 for plenary consideration and approval when Congress reconvenes for the 2nd regular session in May.
HB 4147 is entitled "An Act rationalizing and strengthening the Probation System, amending for the purpose the pertinent provisions of Presidential Decree No. 968, otherwise known as the 'Probation Law of 1976', as amended."
"One of the objectives of HB 4147 is to strengthen the Probation Law by establishing a correctional system that will reform, rehabilitate and restore the dignity of prisoners," the authors stressed.
Principal authors of the original bills include: Reps. Giorgidi Aggabao and Xavier Jesus Romualdo (HB 117); Majority Leader Neptali Gonzales III (HB 1066); Reps. Rufus Rodriguez, Maximo Rodriguez, Jr., and Joaquin Chipeco, Jr. (HB 1087); Rep. Evelina Escudero (HB 2117); and Agabas (HB 3568).