- Posted April 8, 2014 by
Watertown, New York
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- So, "Five Republican Candidates Walk into a Koch Brothers' Donor Retreat"...Beginning of a Bad Joke or Travesty of US Representative Government?
- 9/11 to Now: Ways We Have Changed Our Language and Traded Security for Freedom
- How Our Country and Its Language has Changed since 9/11- One Nation under Surveillance for Liberty and Justice for All?
- The GOP Tries to Sink Another Iran Deal; It's Not the First Time. Remember Reagan’s Deal with Iran? Our Coup? The Shah" No? You Must Be Republican
- $15 an Hour in NY? Where's the Outrage Over Corporate America's Continuous 'Raises'? Fast Food's Raise Will Leverage Hike for All Workers in America
Obama's Compromises Lead to a 42% Approval Rating? Who's Left That Approves?
- hhanks, CNN iReport producer
Obama's made a critical misjudgment which has left many progressives shaking their heads and Democratic mid-term candidates worried.
Does Obama know that he'll never get approval from the Right? Ever?
Yet we see him constantly court their favor as he disses the progressive and labor movements.
Progressives feel 'taken for granted'. Obama appears to have fully embraced the 'Washington Consensus despite what he says he's in favor of for the middle class, he has used the GOP as spoilers while working to cut middle class programs in the name of 'getting something done."
Workers would rather see nothing done than what this president has done in the name of accomplishing something.
Instead, Obama appears to take his orders from the International Monetary Fund's Christine Lagarde and the World Bank rather than circumstances facing the U.S. middle class.
The U.S. policy makers, both Democrats and Republicans, have been allowing the out sourcing of American jobs, and manufacturing so that the rest of the World can be brought up to America's level.
Our lifestyles and living standards are being given to India, China, and other developing countries while we do without here in the U.S.
This is the New World Order many fear and it's hiding right in plain sight as we're sold out by both parties of big business.
The IMF is a believer in the Washington Consensus too.
But they don't take into consideration people's needs. All they are interested in is a balanced budget and a World without tariffs for the international corporations.
Capital already seeks the highest return in places that offer the lowest wages or regulations and protections for workers.
Workers aren't a factor in the IMF's view of our World. In fact, workers are no more than fixtures and the poor are just a nuisance and unnecessary expense.
Start taking a stand for what's correct and you'll regain the 20% in approval you lost when the Liberal side of your support left you, Mr. President.