- Posted April 9, 2014 by
7 Conversion Factors for Online Advertising
When people click ads, they are often impatient for answers and resistant to sales. Your online advertising should have specific conversion factors that provide a clear path for visitors.
Resistance is a common issue that affects the probability of ad conversions on your website landing pages. Specific on-page elements can cause friction in the mind of site visitors, which ultimately have an impact on the ROI of your online advertising campaigns.
These are the main issues that cause ad conversion resistance
• Difficulty of elements that require mental effort or attention
• Length of content, forms or processes that require more time
Your potential customers land on your site with a specific motivation that can be directed into a sales funnel designed to maximize conversions. The process of landing page optimization involves minimizing resistance caused by page elements that may create confusion or aggravation, while making a smooth progression toward the desired goal.
Effective online advertising is a process of testing the elements of ad copy and creative design to improve campaign performance and user experience.
The 7 Factors for Online Advertising Conversions:
1. Create a concise headline that matches the ad copy that drove the click
2. Keep your most important points at the beginning of the page content
3. Deliver a persuasive sales message with a focused logical progression
4. Remove content, images and links that distract visitors from the goal
5. Reduce the number of form fields on user requests or applications
6. Use trust indicators such as, a guarantee, certifications, testimonials
7. Provide a clear call to action that directs visitors to take the next step
Advertising creates an opening, and optimizing improves your closing.