- Posted April 8, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Protesters occupy Taiwan legislature
- American Institute Officially Confirms the Abandonment of Permanent Residence with Taiwan President
- China Has Its Political Request in STA Indeed, Taiwan Government Admits
- Assembly and Parade Act in Taiwan: Lawful Management or Awful Control?
- Comics Generation: Design Saves Taiwan
- Taiwan is 'Impossible' to Have FTA, Taiwan Government Emphasizes
All Trade Pacts Has Been Hung Up, minister of Economics in Taiwan Threats
Zhang Jiazhu, the minister of Economics Affairs in Taiwan announced as title in public media earlier today.
Blamed on influence from the protest action in Taiwan legislature, Zhang claims that all trade pact negotiations have been hung up by other foreign countries since the controversy on Service Trade Pact with P.R.C. (People's Republic of China, a.k.a. Mainland China).
Zhang insists again on the necessary of the Service Trade Pact with P.R.C. is a prerequisite for other countries to have will of pact negotiation with Taiwan.
On the other hand, Raymond F. Burghardt, currently the Chairman of American Institute in Taiwan declared position of U.S. in June 5th, 2010 that there is no need to have any permission from P.R.C. before having F.T.A. (Free Trade Agreement) negotiation with U.S..
Zhang concludes his accusation against the protesters with "a severe strike to Taiwan economics", since the occupation of legislature delays validation of the pact with P.R.C..