- Posted April 10, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Category 1: Landmark era in Phl aviation
Department of Transportation and Communications (DOTC) Secretary Joseph “Jun” Abaya on Thursday lauded this significant development in the country’s aviation industry and noted that it would further strengthen ties with the US.
“This upgrade cements a landmark era in the Philippine aviation sector. From one major achievement to another in a span of less than 2 years, the country has made great strides in enhancing its aviation industry to one that is at par with the best in the world,” said Abaya.
Congratulating the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP) for a job well done in ensuring the lifting of the ICAO’s significant safety concerns, Abaya said the lifting of the European ban on local airlines and now the FAA upgrade to Category 1 is a welcome development.
“Truly, your accomplishments prove that good governance and competent leadership will be the legacy of President Aquino’s Straight Path,” Abaya said, adding that the upgrade will have a significant impact on the country’s economic thrust as it will allow airline carriers to open more direct flights to and from the US, which will boost the country’s tourism industry, help airline companies expand their operations, and improve trade and business relations between the two countries.
Philippine air carriers can now open more flights to the United States and have additional routes such as flying to the East Coast.