- Posted April 11, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Photo essays: Your stories in pictures
- Aafia’s pain is our shame, say world scholars
- Mother talks to mother, Asmat seeks Kalsoom’s help in Aafia release
- Open Letter to The First Lady of USA Mrs Michelle Obama, My daughter stands for love, peace and justice; she is a victim of terror not a terrorist: Mrs Ismat Siddiqui
- Prime Minister of Pakistan urged to raise Aafia issue in United Nations
- A black day in American judicial history September 23
Noted Artist Amir Khatri presents portrait of Aafia to Fowzia Siddiqui
The artist presented his work in Grandeur Art Gallery DHA, Karachi. The portrait depicts Aafia Siddiqui entangled into an iron web, symbolizing the dark conspiracies of spineless anti-Pakistan elements against Dr Aafia and her family. The daughter of the nation after being trafficked from Karachi and spending horrible days in illegal detentions abroad was handed 86-year imprisonment by a US court and 4030 days of this imprisonment have already been completed.
Dr Fowzia thanked Amir Khatri for depicting his feelings in his artwork.