- Posted April 11, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Photo essays: Your stories in pictures
- Prayer day: Nation appealed to pray for Aafia release, Dr Fowzia also appeals for special prayers as cyclone Nilofar approaches coastal areas.
- Global civil society decries injustice to Aafia
- Dr Aafia Siddiqui: Concern shown on prison conditions
- Family questions silence of Pakistan Government in Aafia case, No statement attributed to Aafia acceptable till resumption of her communication with family: Dr.Fowzia Siddiqui
- Aafia Movement has nothing to do with violence: Dr Fowzia Siddiqui, Vested interests trying to sabotage Aafia cause by linking it to terrorism
Noted Artist Amir Khatri presents portrait of Aafia to Fowzia Siddiqui
The artist presented his work in Grandeur Art Gallery DHA, Karachi. The portrait depicts Aafia Siddiqui entangled into an iron web, symbolizing the dark conspiracies of spineless anti-Pakistan elements against Dr Aafia and her family. The daughter of the nation after being trafficked from Karachi and spending horrible days in illegal detentions abroad was handed 86-year imprisonment by a US court and 4030 days of this imprisonment have already been completed.
Dr Fowzia thanked Amir Khatri for depicting his feelings in his artwork.