- Posted April 11, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Photo essays: Your stories in pictures
- Prime Minister of Pakistan urged to raise Aafia issue in United Nations
- A black day in American judicial history September 23
- The international day of peace – 21st September, 2015 Aafia release necessary for victory of peace: Dr Fowzia Siddiqui
- Mysterious missing: Where is Usman Moazzam, asks Pasban ‘Rangers say Moazzam was handed over to CJK, jailer denies his custody’
- Corrupt rulers of Pakistan are a bigger impediment in release of Aafia than Americans, said Aafia Movement convener Dr Fowzia Siddiqui, addressing a Caravan e Ghairat Aafia release rally in Korangi Town, Karachi
Noted Artist Amir Khatri presents portrait of Aafia to Fowzia Siddiqui
The artist presented his work in Grandeur Art Gallery DHA, Karachi. The portrait depicts Aafia Siddiqui entangled into an iron web, symbolizing the dark conspiracies of spineless anti-Pakistan elements against Dr Aafia and her family. The daughter of the nation after being trafficked from Karachi and spending horrible days in illegal detentions abroad was handed 86-year imprisonment by a US court and 4030 days of this imprisonment have already been completed.
Dr Fowzia thanked Amir Khatri for depicting his feelings in his artwork.