- Posted April 11, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Photo essays: Your stories in pictures
- Aafia Movement has nothing to do with violence: Dr Fowzia Siddiqui, Vested interests trying to sabotage Aafia cause by linking it to terrorism
- Pasban-e-Pakistan supports marches for electoral reforms, opposes derailing democracy. Government need to solve basic problems of people, focus on electoral reforms: Altaf Shakoor
- Test for President Obama: 109317 signatures land Aafia petition in White House
- Aafia cause gets warm support in South Africa
- SA rights bodies, civil society support Aafia cause
Noted Artist Amir Khatri presents portrait of Aafia to Fowzia Siddiqui
The artist presented his work in Grandeur Art Gallery DHA, Karachi. The portrait depicts Aafia Siddiqui entangled into an iron web, symbolizing the dark conspiracies of spineless anti-Pakistan elements against Dr Aafia and her family. The daughter of the nation after being trafficked from Karachi and spending horrible days in illegal detentions abroad was handed 86-year imprisonment by a US court and 4030 days of this imprisonment have already been completed.
Dr Fowzia thanked Amir Khatri for depicting his feelings in his artwork.