- Posted April 11, 2014 by
- Statement by the RMG Company Regarding the Start of Mining Operations on the Sakdrissi-Kachagiani License Site #1
- Dmitry Troitsky: “We Will Only Carry Out Whatever We Have Official Permission For”
- “Halting the Activities of RMG is a Serious Issue for the Entire Country”
- “RMG’s Openness to Conduct an Ecological Audit is Quite Welcomed”
- “RMG” Answers Allegations Posed by the National Party
EBRD to Finance Large Dam Construction in Turkey
EBRD has expressed interest in financing a large hydro power station construction in Turkey. The “ALPASLAN-II” dam and power station, which is planned to be built on Turkey’s Murat River by 2017. The 280MW HPP has been in works since August 2012.
34 kilometers North from the town of Mus, the HPP is to stand 116 meters erect with a 50 kilometer transmission line. The reservoir will encompass an area of 55 km2. There are 22 villages and up to 7100 residents in the area of project effect, which is estimated to cost 1.69 Million Turkish Liras.
The project is being carried out by Enerjisa, a Turkish registered company owned by Omer Sabanci A.S. and DD turkey Holdings, both registered in Luxemburg and holding 50% of Enerjisa’s share each. Sabanci is one of Turkey’s largest industrial and financial conglomerates, while DD Turkey is owned by E. ON SE, which is one of the biggest players on Europe’s energy market.
The investor received the permit to start construction in 2012 and a certain portion of the workload has already been done – tunnels and water funneling systems are already in place. In frames of the project, the company is planning on building 54 kilometers of new roads. The dam itself will being construction in the second half of 2014, which has also already been approved by EBRD.