About this iReport
  • Not verified by CNN

  • Click to view MindyRagan's profile
    Posted April 11, 2014 by
    Shawnee, Oklahoma

    More from MindyRagan

    Come Out with Your Hands Up


    SHAWNEE, OK-- Police officers pursued a suspicious vehicle in Shawnee last Saturday which led to multiple arrests.


    While on routine patrol, at approximately 8:50 AM Cpl. David Gonzales noticed a maroon Chevy passenger car. He observed the back glass was shattered as he saw the car back into the driveway of a house on E. Severn St., the report states.


    As Gonzales drove by, the driver sank down in his seat. Gonzales stopped at the stop sign at Wallace and Severn. He watched a white male in a black jacket walk away from the vehicle, enter the house, and reenter the car on the passenger side.


    Gonzales radioed Officer Van Brundt for assistance as the car headed eastbound on Severn. Van Brundt, who was at Union and Wallace, spotted the vehicle turning west on Burns to Wallace and then travel west, the report shows.


    Van Brundt followed the suspect car from Broadway westbound to the first alley on the right and then south until it parked at the back of a residence in the 700 block of N. Beard St.


    From the alley Van Brundt observed three suspects enter the home. Dispatch then advised the vehicle was registered as stolen.


    Officer Gonzalez went to the front of the house to make contact at the residence but there was no response. A chained dog in the backyard prevented Van Brundt from being able to approach the vehicle until Animal Control secured the dog, the report shows.


    Gonzales went to the back of the house and was speaking with Van Brundt when the homeowner, Thomas Stevenson came out the back door. He was ordered to the ground and temporarily taken into custody.


    After backup arrived, Van Brundt and Gonzales ordered everyone "out with their hands up." The man who was wearing a black leather jacket, later identified as Robert L. Gore, came out of the house. A black man and a Native American woman, later identified as Chevis Sharp and Alicia Harjo were walked out from a back bedroom.


    Inside the residence Officer Van Brundt, Sgt. Bordeaux, and Cpl. Gonazales found a white male and a second Native American female, Pamela Sue Wood. Deputy Chad Pope with the U.S. Marshall Service was on the scene and identified the man, Tobie John Plunket who initially gave the name Tobie Fontenot, according to the report.


    The report states that because Gore and Wood were seen in the stolen car, they were taken to the Pott. Co. Safety Center where they were booked on charges of possession of a stolen vehicle.


    During booking, Officer Van Brunt found a blue latex glove in one of Gore’s socks. Inside that glove was another latex glove with a white power substance. The report states Gore claimed it was talcum powder but the test kit showed "presumptive positive” for methamphetamine and was sent to OSBI for analysis. Gore was then booked on charges of possession of a controlled dangerous substance and bringing contraband into a jail.


    Plunket and Chevie were also arrested for warrants and transported to the PCSC.

    Add your Story Add your Story