- Posted April 12, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Phl confident of Pacquiao victory
Pacquiao and Bradley's first boxing fight in June 2012 became controversial after judges in a split decision favored Bradley. Later, the World Boxing Organization eventually announced that Pacquiao won that fight.
In that fight, Bradley ended Pacquiao’s seven-year, 15 fight winning streak and also took from him the title.
The rematch will be held at MGM Grand Garden ring in Las Vegas.
“We hope that another knockout would happen,” Deputy presidential spokesperson Abigail Valte said in an interview over state-run dzRB Radio-Manila.
She added: “We are confident that Manny Pacquiao would win over Timothy Bradley.”
Reports showed that crime rate in the country lessened every time he fought as Filipinos would be glued to their television sets.
“Many of us are behind Congressman Manny Pacquiao in his fight against Timothy Bradley,” Valte said.