- Posted April 13, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Impact Your World
- Sheyene Gerardi – Her Life Is Like A Movie Filled With Various Twists And Turns
- Super Entrepreneur Ahsan Habibi, Syed Started The Online Social Networking Job Website Expertini To Raise The Rate Of Those Seeking Work
- CPA Elites Ltd; Is Impacting The World Around Them By Helping Those In their Journey In Achieving Their Dream Of Working Online
- What Do The Names House (Vocal, Comercial, Progressive, Trance, Tribal, Electro), Hip Hop, DJ, Music Producer And R&B Have In Common – One Name: “ROCKY G”
- Mortgage Mogul Terry Gangaram Is Impacting The World Around Him By Unearthing The Adequate Financing For Those Desiring To Invest In A New House Via His Company Drexel Mortgage
Enthusiastic Entrepreneur Abhishek Garodia mixes eBay and Shopify for the world of sports and fitness
What does an MBA from London Business School and an Electronics and Communications Engineering degree have in common?
The answer is one name: Abhishek Garodia
Mr. Garodia is an Entrepreneur and the Founder of PlayEnable, a two-sided marketplace for sports and fitness activities.
PlayEnable matches sports enthusiasts with facilities so that it is easier for Sports & Fitness enthusiasts to access find and book fitness and wellness classes and courses.
We caught-up with Abhishek Garodia via an online platform for this interview where he shared topics such as how he started his business, his biggest challenges, etc.
“In the summer of '11, as a London Business School MBA student, I was traveling in the Philippines and Australia for internships - While traveling, I suddenly found myself away from my gym and unable to just take part in ad hoc fitness activities - this frustrated me a lot.
This was the start of a venture now known as Play Enable.
You see, I have always been fascinated by companies such as Hotels.com or Opentable that create efficiency in the marketplace by seamlessly connecting demand and supply.
So my travels back in 2011, a combination of personal pain, research into the market as well as my fascination for two-sided businesses led me to create PlayEnable.com, a marketplace for sports and fitness aimed at a simple product for Sports and Fitness businesses to manage and promote their businesses.
Today in an ever changing marketplace we face several challenges and the biggest is market adoption especially at the consumer-end.
The trend though is definitely in our favour since ad hoc participation in sports and fitness is on the rise - At the moment, almost 45% of the UK- sports and fitness participation market is pay as you go. The trends are similar in the US.
That said, the interesting thing is every time we overcome these challenges from the product and proposition perspective, user numbers spike up significantly.
We now realize how much we are impacting the world around us in the arena of sports and fitness.
It is no wonder to our customers that PlayEnable is one of the only platforms that is both an eBay and a Shopify for sports and fitness. There are several companies that do one or the other i.e. either generate leads or provide a booking system but very few solve both the challenges that sports businesses face - marketing and administration.
These problems are most acute for small studios and personal instructors and we provide a solution that enables their business to function efficiently.
Many potential customers inquire as to what are 3 key benefits PlayEnable offers:
1) Simple, on-the-go cloud-based marketing and business management system for sports and fitness studios.
2) Booking system is pay per user, and the cheapest in its class. Plans start at: $18 per month for up to two users and $9 for additional users.
3) Instantly reserve classes at over 400 sports and fitness locations in London at a price that is lower than what the consumer would pay at the facility directly.” said, Abhishek Garodia, Founder of PlayEnable